This is Nick...aka Uncle Nick.

This is Nick...aka Uncle Nick.
94th Birthday... We went easy on the candles!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Errand Days

There is the list of to do's wrapped around the main event - the doctor's visit.   We agree to leave at a certain time and I go over the house and he's still washing dishes.  No sense of time? or a disregard?  I'm not really sure and I don't want us to be late.  So then is starts.   We usually make it on time.  I feel pressure.  His nose is dripping.  I give him tissues and it annoys him but he tries not to show it.  Are you feeling sick.  No it's just dripping and my ear gets plugged up.  What doctor are we going to see?  The vampire (PT/INR) and Dr. M.  When was the last time we saw him?  And yet - there are very clear questions and answers about dates, times and people places and things.  So what is going on?  I really don't know and all I feel is pressure to make sure that  my loved one eats, sleeps and exercises and gets better.  HE is 94... how much better is it going to get?! 

Then we laugh about a shared memory.  We chat about family.  We talk about current events.  And for a couple of minutes its like all those other times we used to sit and talk about life and people, art and music, politics and patience and education and travel and books being read.  A life time away... 

No comments:

Post a Comment